Wednesday 29 January 2014

Finals: Dinners, Cha for Tea, Signal Hill and Sunsets.

So it was our final week of the semester and Steph and Sera's final week in Long Beach. This meant filling our time with activities that needed to be done before we parted ways for Christmas!

Firstly, I went to California Pizza Kitchen downtown with Steph, Sera and their floor mates which was a lot of fun! Having spent the majority of my time last semester in their room, I like to think I became a part of their floor too!


After saying goodbye on the Wednesday afternoon to my fellow English who were flying home, I had one more day until I left. This meant one last day in Long Beach with Steph and Sera! On the Wednesday night we went out for dinner with Tori to a Greek restaurant on 2nd Street which has really great food. All too quickly it was time for the Aussies to say goodbye to Tori (little did they know they'd be seeing each other again). I teared up and it wasn't even me saying goodbye yet.

The next day we had a bad start with rain (for the 4th time in my whole semester) and problems renting a car. Long story short, we had to go open an American debit account, and our day improved from there when a lovely guy helped us at Chase (a bank). Then after finally picking up the car, and filling it with our suitcases, we were on our way.

Our first stop was Cha for Tea… of course! This seems to be one of Long Beach's most popular student spots so it had to be done one last time! Here's a snapchat screenshot of us looking quite exhausted:

We then drove to Signal Hill as Steph and Sera had not yet been and I had told them over and over that they had to go before they left Long Beach. It has great views of not only LB but you can also see Downtown LA and even the Hollywood sign in the distance. Although the weather wasn't too great we still had good views and fun taking photos. I'm glad we went there, I feel its something you have to do when in Long Beach.










CSULB's campus is in the background, see the blue pyramid:

We then decided to go get ice cream at Seal Beach and watch the sunset:



Steph and Sera then took me to LAX for my flight home and while they waited with me we were pleased to see the male Canadian water polo team checking in, who looked great in their uniforms. They were a welcome distraction. When the time came for me to go through security and say goodbye for Christmas, let me tell you, I was so glad I still had Hawaii to look forward to with these girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment