Wednesday 24 September 2014

New York, New York! Day 6: The Metropolitan Museum of Art and Central Park.

4 June 2014

On our final full day in NYC we went to The Metropolitan Museum of Art. There was an exhibition of costumes and another highlight was seeing the famous pieces of Vincent van Gogh. The museum was so big and like a maze; so much so that we struggled to find our way out and had to ask several staff members to help us! The rooftop of the museum was also impressive, it had an interesting design and great views over a very green Central Park and Manhattan. You can get a drink, relax and enjoy the view.

The Met
View of Manhattan from the roof of the Met
Rooftop Garden
Vincent van Gogh in the Met

After getting lunch we walked through Central Park to see the parts we hadn't seen properly the day we cycled around. We saw the Alice in Wonderland statue, the Conservatory Water boat pond, the "Imagine" memorial for John Lennon and the Bethesda Fountain and Terrace which we had already seen but wanted to go to again.

Alice in Wonderland Statue, Central Park
Conservatory Water, Central Park
The Boathouse at Central Park
Bethesda Terrace, Central Park
Staircase of Bethesda Terrace
Me in Central Park
Boats
Strawberry Fields "Imagine" Memorial for John Lennon
After Central Park we went to the Empire State Building to go on the SkyRide which was included in our NYPass. It wasn't worth the time it took to go and the experience needs updating so I wouldn't recommend it unless it changes. We then got dinner at a food market nearby where they had really cool street food trucks and I had a great pizza! We headed to Times Square and then back to the apartment to prepare to fly back to Long Beach the next day!

NYC was amazing, one of my favourite places I went to in the USA and I can't wait to get back there one day to see more of the city!

Just one more post and then it is officially the end of my year abroad blog! The next and final one will be on my second trip to San Francisco!

2 comments:

  1. It's fun to read your blog. I bookmarked it before my US visit and it helped me in deciding the places to visit. Do let me know if you have any other blog on Europe, because that will be my next destination.

    -Saumil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comment! I'm glad you found my blog useful! I don't have a blog on Europe at the moment, but I will be doing one when I get travelling again, so keep an eye out!

      Delete